Are you creative, competitive, and passionate about technology? Do you have what it takes to be a future Game Changer?
We are looking for outstanding students to get world-class training and education in Software Engineering.
In keeping with its goal of supporting the scholastic endeavors of deserving individuals, iACADEMY will award scholarships to incoming first-year college students who will be graduating from public senior high schools. The scholarship covers the full amount of tuition fee, materials, transportation, and meal allowances.
SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
To be eligible for the VLT Presidential Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a Filipino citizen
- Must be a bona fide student of any public senior high school located within Metro Manila with a population of at least 200 graduating students
- Must have a GWA of at least 85 in Grade 11
- Must be a candidate for graduation for SY 2018-2019
- Must be from the Top 10% of the graduating batch
- Must be willing to enroll in BS Computer Science with Specialization in Software Engineering
- Must be of good moral character and must not have been the subject of any disciplinary action by the school nor have been convicted of any crime
- The gross income of the applicant’s family must not exceed PhP300,000
- Must undergo and pass a series of qualifying exams
- Must submit all required forms and documents and agree to be interviewed by the Scholarship Committee
- Must be in good health
- Must not be currently employed
BASIC APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Completed application forms
- Form 1. Requirements checklist
- Form 2. Personal information sheet
- Form 3. Essay
- Form 4. Recommendation forms (Two copies, must be sealed letters of recommendation from the principal, guidance counselor, teacher, or adviser)
- Form 5. Location map of family residence
- One (1) 2"x2" photo (taken within the last 3 months)
- Photocopy of Grade 11 report card
- Photocopy of Grade 12 report card, up to first semester
- Photocopy of Birth certificate
- Certificate of good moral character
- Income tax return (ITR) of parents or BIR Certification of Exemption from filing ITR if unemployed
- Current certificate of employment of parents stating:
- Designation or position in the company
- Annual salary
- Benefits accruing to the parent/s
- Electricity, telephone, and water bills (latest 2 months)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PROCEDURE
- The student must submit all the scholarship requirements to the Office of Student Affairs and Services of iACADEMY (9th Floor) on or before January 18, 2019, Friday.
Parents of applicants are required to provide complete and true data/information required in the application form. The school reserves the right to reject applications with incomplete/incorrect data.
- The student applicant must be ready to present the original documents, e.g. report cards and birth certificate, for verification upon submission of the application.
- The application will not be processed unless all required documents have been provided.
- The student applicant must take the qualifying exam which will be held on February 2, 2019 (Saturday) at iACADEMY Nexus Campus 7434 Yakal Street, Barangay San Antonio, Makati City. Testing will begin promptly at 9:00 a.m. The applicant must be in the school before 8:30 a.m. for attendance checking.
- The home visits will be scheduled on February 26 to March 8, 2019, and the shortlisted candidates will be scheduled for a panel interview from March 25 to 29, 2019.
- The final list of scholarship grantees will be released on April 2, 2019.
- Application Deadline: January 18, 2019
- Scholarship Exam: February 2, 2019
- Parents of applicants are required to provide complete and true data/information required in the application form.
- The school reserves the right to reject applications with incomplete/incorrect data.
- The student must be fully committed to attending iACADEMY for a period of four years.
FOR INQUIRIES, PLEASE CONTACT:
Mr. Joseph Alvin Pena at 889-5555 loc. 2906 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org